Better Than Me


For a long time now, I've noticed,
that I'm not what you wish.
But can I really put the blame on you,
when all I do, makes you better than me.



Apart from all the times I've hurt you,
and all the special moments getting few.
But can I put the blame on you,
when all I say, makes you better than me.

If you still hope that we can work it out,
I'm glad that you had such a thought.
While all I think of is giving up.
Not trying, makes you better than me.

I wonder if I have the courage inside,
to someday tell you, what's on my mind.
The fear of you leaving is scary,
consumed by fear, makes you better than me.

If I ever have to break your heart,
the guilt inside, will tear me apart.
But I would deserve it, wouldn't I?
living with guilt, makes you better than me.

It's what I've been doing all this time,
harming you with my dark side.
How long could you stay? How long will this be?
the intense negativity, makes you better than me.

Anger is my response, to all your tries,
maybe its frustration, of a life full of lies.
It seems that you are the light,
and I'm not, makes you better than me.

The rage, the fear and the life of guilt,
the black wall that I've built.
Everything I say and everything I do,
makes you better than me,
but I know, I'm worse without you....
_________________________________________________________________________________

The words of a dejected lover, 'Better Than Me' is a realisation about his weak efforts in the relationship with his beloved.